Don’t forget that the annual Orange and Blue Blood Drive Competition between fans of UT and Kentucky is this week (11/14-11/18).
MEDIC Regional Blood Center is competing against the Kentucky Blood Center to see which organization can collect the highest number of blood products in five days.
For 2022, donors here in East Tennessee will receive a special edition t-shirt, a $10 e-gift card (valid email address required), Petro’s coupon, Salsarita’s coupon, Texas Roadhouse coupon, Dunkin coupon, Papa John’s coupon, Smoothie King coupon, and a ticket to the East Tennessee Children’s Hospital Fantasy of Trees.
MEDIC will have mobile drives all week and all four of its donor centers will also be open.
Appointments are preferred to mitigate wait times. Donors can call 865-521-2682 or 865-524-3074 to schedule their appointment. Donors can also visit medicblood.org/donate or use the donor app to search for a drive closest to them and schedule their appointment.
Fixed donation centers
- Ailor Avenue – 1601 Ailor Avenue, Knoxville, TN 37920
- Farragut/Kingston Pike – 11000 Kingston Pike, Ste. 4, Farragut, TN 37934
- Athens – 213 E. Washington Ave., Ste. 104, Athens, TN 37303
- Crossville – 96 Hayes St., Ste. 202, Crossville, TN 38555
- Tellico Village Wellness Center – 10 AM to 6 PM
- UT/Neyland Stadium/Gate 21 – 10 AM to 6 PM
- Walgreens/Oneida – 10 AM to 6 PM
- Walmart/East Morristown – 10 AM to 6 PM
- UT/Hess Hall – 12 PM to 7 PM
- Walmart/Clinton – 10 AM to 6 PM