Dashcam footage shows explosion on September 28, 2020 (RCSO)

Residents of house that exploded indicted

The two residents of a house destroyed by an explosion caught on a Roane County Sheriff’s Office cruiser’s dash cam were indicted last week by the Roane County grand jury on charges stemming from the blast.

Ninth District Attorney General Russell Johnson announced the indictment over the weekend.

The explosion occurred just before 4:15 am on September 28th at a home located at 731 Gallaher Road, near the I-40 interchange in Kingston, and was recorded by the in-car camera of a sheriff’s deputy who happened to be traveling down Gallaher Road.

No one was injured in the explosion, but the blast did cause several smaller fires in the adjacent areas that were extinguished by the Kingston Fire Department.

Following a TBI investigation, evidence was presented last Monday (6/21/21) to the grand jury, which returned indictments against both of the men who lived in the house.

Steven Dowker and Thomas Price were both indicted on two felony counts of aggravated arson, as well as insurance fraud.

Johnson says that both men were arrested and booked into the Roane County Jail, and have since been released on bond. Both were due in court today (6/28/21).

About Jim Harris

Jim Harris has been WYSH's News & Sports Director since 2000. In addition to reporting local news, he is the play-by-play voice for Clinton High School football, boys' and girls' basketball and baseball. Catch Jim live weekdays beginning at 6:30 am for live local news, sports, weather and traffic plus the Community Bulletin Board, shenanigans with Ron Meredith and more on the Country Club Morning Show on WYSH. Jim lives in Clinton with his wife Kelly and daughter Carolina, and cats Oliver, Bow and Libby.

Check Also

Tennessee adds State Park #57

Gov. Bill Lee and Commissioner David Salyers of the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation …

One comment

  1. Kimberly Whitefield

    I wanted to point out that one of the men indicted, who was also a resident of the house, was critically injured. He was transferred to the burn center at Vanderbilt Medical Center in Nashville where he spent several weeks being treated for serious burns as well as bone fractures. I don’t know him personally, but my family and I were praying for him at the time and I received updates on his condition from people close to him.